We stayed in Pocatello and got Grandpa and Grandma to ourselves... a rarety in the days to come as all of my siblings started to arrive the next week...27 grandkids in all!
We stayed 2 nights in Pocatello and one of the evenings the kids and I went to have a movie night with Great Grandpa in his little apartment (assisted living). The kids LOVED it. Grandpa couldn't hear much of the movie but he enjoyed our company and the yummy movie treats! We watched National Treasure. We sure miss living close to Great Grandpa!

The next morning we got up early and headed to Layton. We met up at Kimbers and got to see my high school best friends Kaylynn, Dana, Alexa and Kimber! We hadn't all been together for quite a few years. We went to a park and had lunch and the kids had a blast together. It was so great to see these amazing friends. The great thing about our friendship is that even though years go by without seeing each other our friendship is still strong. I love you guys! We spent countless hours as teenagers at the bowling alley, arbies, dairy queen, smiths, having sleepovers (usually Dana's basement) gummy worming, hanging out at each others place of employment and just being there for each other. It was these girls that kept me doing what was right and loving my high school years! Now look at us...we are Hot Mamma's!
to all of these kids!

After spending the day in layton we headed out to bluffdale and met up with some friends from when I was counselor at Oakcrest! Thanks Thunder and Rocko for coming to see us! It had been a good 10-12 years since I had seen them! We had an amazing summer working as camp couselors and I hate that I've lost contact with the 20-30 something incredible girls I worked with. It's been fun to be back in contact with a few through blogs and facebook. What a great summer we had back in 1996 (I think?) gosh I'm getting old..that sounds like a long time ago.
Again...no pictures! :o(
we met up in Bluffdale since the kids and I final destination that evening was Klint and Kim's!!!
We met Soonhee and the kids (who drove all the way from Indianna) and Scott and Melissa at K&K's. We had some great food, good fun and lots of great cousin times! We hadn't met Marty and Soonhee's twin boys Cardon and Quincy who are 1 1/2 now! The kids had a blast jumping on the tramp, building a fire for schmores, slip and sliding, hanging with logan and terrorizing klint and kim's place!! Thanks for putting us all up K&K!



The following day we took a trip to Ikea. Yes 4 women and 11 kids at ikea! Quite the site I'm sure. Luckily we were able to leave 5 of them at the playland and the others were hooked up with gameboys we checked out from the playland.
It was so good to get the kids together again. It's always great to hang out with family. I feel lucky to have the best sister in laws Ever! (on both sides) really everyone married really well and we always have a great time. After Bluffdale we followed Melissa and the kids up Provo Canyon to "the ranch" (after a mini stop at a yummy Thai restaurant). Scott is the caretaker for Treefoil girls scout ranch. It is an amazing piece of Heaven on earth. We enjoyed a couple great hikes, feeding the horses, riding in the golf carts and gator. We were so glad that K&K were able to join us again at the ranch and bummed that we missed more Soonhee and kids time. We feel so lucky we got to see them the short while we did though!
getting ready to go feed the horses!
Look at these cute kids! I love this picture. We had a blast at the ranch with lots of good fun and great food... broke da mouth kine grinds (as we say in Hawaii).On our way back to Idaho we stopped in Ogden to see Grandma Newell. I'm so bummed I don't have a picture. We did take lots of video. Grandma will be 100 in January. She is still very much with it and was so surprised to see us! Next we traveled to N. Ogden to my friend Malinda's where we got to hang out with the K-1 Crew (college friends). The kids had a great time in the basement, I think we only saw the kids for the 30 minutes that we fed them lunch. The rest of the day they were in the theatre room or the game room. Perfect for a hot summer day. Thanks for hosting Malin! It was so good to see the quality k-1 crew. I love that we stay in close contact through e-mail and blogs! These girls kept me sane in college and now they continue to keep me sane in motherhood as we all are going through similar experiences... we are constantly e-mailing for tips and ideas and sharing all the fun that comes with it too!
Need I say More?? a picture is worth a 1000 words. We had a great time! I love the crew!
2 comments:
I don't think you could have squeezed one more activity into your trip!!! You guys were busy. How fun to see so many family and friends and be able to party. I loved seeing you, can't wait to get together again...maybe Hawaii next time. :)
You are hot mammas!
I love that you guys could come and play. Seeing how much you had to fit into those few days, I feel pretty honored that you made time for us! What a quality trip.
Post a Comment