Sunday, December 7, 2025

New job!



can’t believe it’s been almost a year since I started my flight attendant job with Delta! I’ve thought about being a flight attendant many times over the years but the timing has never been right, until now! I had been working for Deschutes County Building Division as a building inspector and plans examiner - most recently commercial plan review. It was a great job and I loved my co-workers but I was ready for a change- it was probably a bit of a midlife crisis with the kids all out of the house, haha. I just couldn’t see myself working a desk job for the next 20 years and wanted the freedom to be able to visit the kids as often as possible. Thankfully Matt was supportive of me pursuing a flight attendant job, as it would be a significant pay cut and major changes to our lifestyle.

I first applied to Skywest but by the grace of God, I didn’t get hired and shortly after saw that DELTA was hiring! I decided to go for it even though I knew it was a very competitive application process. Each step fell into place so smoothly and I really felt the Lord’s hand in it all. I was blown away how I thought I wanted one thing and the Lord said, I have something even better ❤️ Although Skywest is a great company, Delta’s pay and benefits and flying is all significantly better.  


My interview/CJO (conditional job offer) day!


I spent 7 weeks in Atlanta in training Jan 13-Feb 28, 2025 with the best instructors (Liz & Alan) and the best class (B1-Best One) and a perfect for me roommate (Kris). 7 weeks was a long time to be gone from home and not as available to talk to the kids and Matt and no visits but it went by fairly quickly and was an amazing experience. 











The best part of the 7 weeks is that all 3 of our boys made it out for my graduation! It was a super quick trip for each of them but so fun and special to have them there. 





No comments: