Sunday, October 28, 2007

Another great sunday










Today was stake conference...a broadcast from SLC. Stake conference is always extra uplifting but extra challenging to get the kids to sit still for 2 hours on the metal chairs in the gym...It was nice to be done at noon though and that gave us extra family time this afternoon. We've been having Family night on sundays because Isaac has basketball practice on Mondays. The weather was beautiful so decided to head up the canyon...this time we tried a new canyon "dry canyon" it is literally 5 minutes from our house. We built a fire and roasted mini marshmallows... this summer when fires were banned we changed our big camping trip into a "condo" trip. We were still able to fish and hike but enjoyed the conveniences (pool & tennis courts) of the condo. We had slept by the fireplace inside to pretend we were by the campfire. It was fun tonight to be able to actually have a fire. We had family night around the campfire. After we left we realized we had used a firepit just outside the public land property line and were actually on private land...oops. Guess we won't go back there but it was perfect and lots of fun! Each week we keep thinking it will be the last week of nice weather and we'd better take advantage...but each week it still continues to be beautiful! We will not complain!
The boys all got haircuts tonight after got home...a little trama once Adam saw his hair. They didn't really want haircuts but decided if they had to have one they wanted mohawks for a day or two (Isaac & Adam) that meant shaving off all of their hair besides the middle. Once Adam realized all of his hair was gone he was soo sad. I'll have to post a picture of their mohawks before they are gone.

1 comment:

Amber Bradley said...

lol about the haircuts... I know how you feel as the hair dresser... I have the same thing happen. People tell you what they want and they wonder what "I" did to their hair. lol Anyway, Love the pictures from the Canyon. Call me when you get a sec about hair. I have a nephew who wants his hair done and I want to try and get you done at the same time. Thanks. Amber