Friday, April 30, 2010

Blogging?

it's been almost 3 months since my last real post. I haven't fallen off the planet..I've just been extremely lazy (I almost wrote "busy" but really it's just laziness). It's not that I haven't had things to write about either because it's been an eventful 3 months! So here goes a brief re-cap

FEBRUARY-the big event of February was that the K-1 crew came to Hawaii!! I was hard to believe it was even possible. During the planning phase it seemed too good to be true that it could actually happen. When they were here it didn't seem real and after they left it all felt like a dream! But I have pictures to prove that it really did happen. I met Heather, Malin, Kaylynn, Cyd and Hilary on Oahu where we hit a few sites and then flew to the big island the next day. I basically checked out of my life here for the week and vacationed with them (thanks to great friends here and amazing Matt) Thanks again for coming Crew-dogs! You all are an inspiration to me and incredible friends!




March- was both a horrible month and a wonderful month. The first week of March my sweet niece Gracie (Lisa & Brandon's daughter) was diagnosed with neuroblastoma cancer. She just finished her 3rd round of chemo yesterday and somehow is dealing with all this. She is a rockstar (even though she doesn't like me calling her that)...more on Gracie later.

March was wonderful because our little princess had a birthday! Olivia turned 8 on March 13th and was baptized the following Sunday. She has been counting down the days until her baptism and could hardly wait. She looked radiant in her white dress and it really was a special day. Even though we don't have family around we have an amazing ward family. The room was packed for her baptism as many many people turned out to show their love and support for Olivia!

Olivia's Brothers sure love her!
I LOVE this picture but what it doesn't show is what happened about 3 seconds later when they had pulled too hard and all ended up falling down. Some of them weren't too happy!


Hawaii traditon is to give leis for any big event. She got plenty and could hardly breath!
APRIL- In April I got to take a last minute trip to Texas! Lisa and Gracie were there at the cook children hospital where there is a doctor that specializes in Neuroblastoma. They harvested stem cells from Gracie to give back to her in a few months. it was a last minute trip for them too and it didn't seem right for Lisa to have to be there alone. She could have handled it (because she is a ROCK) but I was able to find a cheap ticket and everything fell into place for me to leave work and the kids and Matt. I am SOOOO Happy I went. I got to spend quality time with Gracie and lee-lou. I read Gracie lots of books and went on lots of wild goose chases for food she was craving (clam chowder, stuffing, peanut butter sandwich, mashed potatos & gravy, cheese pizza w/ranch, lasagna, push up pops...etc etc) I loved seeing her amazing sweet personality shine through even though the poor girl feels miserable!! Lisa is a rock and is really doing well. I don't know how they are dealing with this but they are! and as a BONUS I got to drive with them back to their home in Oklahoma for a day! It was great to see Brandon and the kids and their home in OK. The Lord has truly blessed them with strength! This picture is pretty dark but it's the only one I have of my visit (I didn't bring a camera)!

Well I think that catches me up and I can get back to little posts! Of course i missed lots of things in between like soccer soccer and more soccer for the boys! Oh that reminds me that Isaac and Adam and I took a trip the end of March to Oahu for a soccer tournament. It was a blast hanging out with my boys for 3 days with nothing else going on! They are sure growing up into great boys!



3 comments:

dana liston said...

thanks for blogging again! I love to read about your life...and it sound busy and crazy and wonderful. Sorry to here about your niece! I hope that she gets well soon. I think I need to come and visit you...Hawaii sounds nice right about now.

Malinda said...

Hurray for an update from Ker-dog! Our trip seems like a whole lifetime ago. I'm glad we have hundreds of pictures. They are proof that it was real. I'm itching to come back.

I love the baptism pictures. Livi looks so pretty! I laughed at the "you don't see 3 seconds later" part. I think that with lots of my pictures. I try to grab the camera quick before cute and fun turns into an injury. :)

We are praying for Gracie. I get choked up every time I read Lisa's updates. I'm so glad you got to go and spend some time with them.

Okie Bloxhams said...

Finally getting around to reading other people blogs again. It was soooooo wonderful to have you come and Gracie talks about it all the time still. She knows how much you love her and she loves you!!! You are an amazing sister and I'm so grateful you're mine. :)
I love how gorgeous Livi looks in the pictures and I love the one of her and you and Matt. So special.