Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Misc 2023

2023 was a good year, a year of adjustments, as it was our first year as empty nesters. What saved us from the quiet house was adventuring together and visiting the kids as much as possible. We also had bought the Downey house the year priore so we were busy driving back and forth to Idaho and Logan as much as possible. 


In early March, 2023, Matt and I snowshoed 10 miles (each way) to the Fremont Point Cabin near Summer Lake, a couple hours south of Bend. The hike in was so hard!! We underestimated how hard snowshoeing that far in deep snow was. Thankfully it was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun. We were so happy finally get to the cabin just as the wind was really picking up and we were starting to get cold! 

It snowed the entire day of our rest day so we pretty much hunkered down in the cabin and rested. It was a perfect place to rejuvenate! Such amazing views. When we made it back to our car on the 3rd day, we quickly discovered that we wouldn’t be going anywhere, we were snowed in!! The Lord literally worked a miracle and our friend Angie, happened to know the only guy that could have rescued us and he happened to have just walked in the door of his home from being away for National Guard duty when she called him. Thank you, Lord!


One of our many Downey trips. Kona loved visiting the Downey house almost as much as we did. 


This was a treat!! Dawson landed the USU helicopter on the front yard! 



Isaac and Anna met us in Downey in March and we had a fun little getaway to Logan!. 






Adam landed himself a spot on the USU Library wall this year. Pretty amazing and this picture needs a permanent spot on the blog. He may or may not have helped the picture find its special place on the wall, haha. He keeps us laughing. 




One of the big events of the summer was Liv, Anna and I doing a 50K with Melissa, Mele and Lydia. A 50K is insanely long and although we had all trained A LOT, the cut off times were too quick but we sure had fun trying! I am so proud of Liv and Anna!! 




Matty B surprised us on the trail and it was so good to see him! I think maybe the girls had already gone past by the time he got there but it totally made my day seeing him after about 10 miles. 

Celebration pizza after Cougar hot springs 🩷 these girls are so strong and amazing!! 


The other big news of the summer was Dawson and Syd got engaged!!! 

Sure love these 2 and it’s been so amazing seeing their love and relationship blossom from High School sweethearts to Husband and Wife 🩷


Matt and I did some more backpacking. I think this was our first time to No-Name Lake. 


More Downey visits!! This time with the entire family and for the Dawson campout 🩷









Adam tried out for, and made, Utah State’s competitive club soccer team! It was so fun watching him play. I wish we could have made more games.  They played against the other big schools in Utah and nearby states (BYU, Boise State, etc) it’s no small feat to make this team and really shows the amount of “time on ball” Adam has spent over the years continuing to kick a soccer ball. Often late at night, by himself, in the cold, under the lights on the turf field and many intramural teams over the years.



 

 more Downey visits…





This is Love!!! Matt + The Omni =TLA

I took a fun little cruise with the K-1 Crew and this is where I discovered my Persian roots (in my heart), haha. I loved getting to crash the Persian party! And really had a fun girls getaway with my college friends the K-1 Crew!




In November I took a quick trip to visit Isaac and Anna in Phoenix. I think it was November, anyway. It was warm and beautiful and we had so much fun! We floated the salt river, and stopped in Gilbert for dinner, rootbeer cake (yum) and made a quick stop at Anna’s folks house where they were hosting a Halloween party for her sisters. So fun! It was a quick weekend trip but I loved my time with these 2 and f fr x FF loved getting to see Anna’s family too, 





Another. downey trip…

Ziplining Mt Bachelor for Matt and I


A friends birthday party-Nacho Libre and I arrived in style


Matt and Kona and I camped at the Oregon coast with some of the Blackburns 🩷



No comments: