So I assigned the kids a "sensory" writing assignment yesterday. They had to choose a topic and brainstorm each of the five senses...what they felt, heard, saw, tasted and touched and then put it in a paragraph. They did a great job. Here's their writings (1st draft) errors and all. I love to get a glimpse into their creative minds. Each at their own level.
DAWSON'S
One day i went to a air show. I saw a F16 take off. The Jets were so loud it hart my ears. I saw someone with a blo up airplane when I looked at it too much I got a blo up Piper.
Olivia's
One time we went to the beach I saw the bright blue ocean and the sun rising above the big ocean. I heard the birds singing, I heard the wind blowing too. I taste yucky sand and a huge red apple! I also smelled the salty air and fire! I also tushed the cold bright ocean and wet cool sand! We went out so far!!! Dawson made it before us!
Adam's
When we went to the fifa world cup I got there justin time to see David Beckham score against Landon Donovan right at 5 seconds before half time. Right after he scored everyone was screaming and cheering in my face. A half an hour later someone got some Nachos. They smelled so good. After I got way too annoyed I had to get something myself, so I got some cotton candy and gummy bears. When the game was over LA Galaxy won 5-3, then David Beckham saw me leaving. He ran over to me and gave me his ball.
Isaac's
I was in a fight. I could hear the heavy breathing and grunts from my opponent. I hear the wind going by and crickets in the distance. Every step he makes towards me has a thump to it. I see a mad face with pulsing veins ready to strike. I see uneven ground and flies around me. The blazing sun was setting but I could still feel it beating down on me. My fists feel like bricks and are sore. I feel hot and exaughsted, my sweat dreanching me. I have blisters stinging me, ready to pop, hurting my feet. I see the whirl of fist as he attacks. I taste my opponents foot in my mouth after he aimed a blow to my head. There's sweat dripping into my mouth. It's salty and disturbing because my mouth was dry from exhaughtion. I touched the ground with great impact and it felt hard and rocky as I was thrown off balance. I tasted dirt in my mouth after the blow because of the dirt spewing wildly. I feel my sweaty face as I wipe it with my sleeve. My hair was wet as I moved it out of my face. My opponent's muscles were strong and firm as a I played a sequence of blows to his arms. I can smell the sweat from me and my opponent. My opponent has a bad stench. I smell the dirt as it is rapidly thrown from my face. I provide the final blow and win. I take in a deep breath and smell the refreshing air and the pine trees surrounding me. It was over.
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Now I am craving nachos. :)
Wow, those are all so good!!! You have budding authors on your hands. They will rich and put you in a nice nursing home someday! :)
Post a Comment