I am so ready for Matt to "come back to church" as the kids say in their prayers. Matt has to work Sundays and it's been 5 months since he's been able to come to church...blah! That is the last miracle we need to fall into place so we have been praying that something will work out with his job that he will at least be able to come some of the time. It's funny to hear the kids pray about it because they say "help dad to come back to church" as if he were just choosing not to come. Sundays are rough with me being primary president and trying to get all the kids out the door, sitting reverently in sacrament meeting and then deal with primary stuff with all four kids in primary. The little ones often come up when I'm in the middle of sharing time with mommy needs..."mom I'm hungry", mom I'm tired. Now that we have the early block (9am) Ward council is at 6:45 am..with Matt heading to work that means I have to drag my sweet kids to the church (leave at 6:15) and have them hang out in a room for a couple hours with their blankets, coloring stuff and books (only once a month thank goodness). Today was ward council so not only did I have to be up at 5am, but I worked until midnight last night, spent an hour finishing up my sharing time and a couple salads for a potluck after church...going to bed at 1am and getting up at 5am isn't ever a good way to start the day.
The kids were awesome when they woke up, they were excited to come up to the church early and hang out, they all got ready, we made it out the door almost on time (thanks to matt getting up early too to help), the meeting was great and I wasn't even feeling too tired. The meeting went over though and we got done 15 minutes before sacrament meeting started so by the time I got my kids out of the room I had stashed them in (cleaned up the disaster) had them use the restroom, take all their blankets and stuff to the car, set up the primary room... we walked into sacrament meeting late and there were no seats. We went to the overflow that wasn't open yet and sat down waiting for it to be opened and all of the sudden I just started crying! my poor kids thought they had done something wrong. I couldn't hold the tears back. that is what being tired will do for you and probably some pms hormones. Needless to say I looked terrible all day at church, not only I had gotten little sleep but now all my makeup was washed, smeared off!
They say just when you think you can't do it much longer than things fall into place. I hope that means the end is in site of Matt having to work on Sundays! I am definitely ready to have him back by my side at church. It's amazing the things we take for granted until we don't have them. I don't know how single parents do it! I stand in awe! (on the bright side, the kids were AMAZING in sacrament meeting, they have never sat so reverent in all their life. They were so concerned about me even though I kept assuring them that I was just tired and it wasn't their fault).
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I haven't had a computer for a bit, so it was so great to catch up with you via blog. You are so amazing. I can't believe how you can pull off getting kids all out the door at that hour!
I loved hearing about everything else. The questions you asked your kids were great. I really think listening is the key to your happiness. Cute. Have a great week. Good luck with the Sunday thing.
Keri you are a saint! That takes a lot of dedication to get the kids to church once and month for that early morning meeting - not to mention just going on a normal Sunday! Sundays seem to be a hard day for me in general anyway. I always expect the kids to be perfect-and they are not so I get frustrated. I need to lower my expectaions I guess! :) Anyway I know things will work out and Matt will hopefully be able to attend church soon! Hang in there!!! You are a great mom!
Oooh Kari! Your post made me tear up! Good luck! It has to be over soon, right? I am so proud of you for going to church still, getting all those kids up so early and doing such a huge calling. Good for you!! You can do it! We will pray for seats in the chapel for you next week. :o) You are amazing.
Man, I am so sorry! I hope he gets Sun off soon too! I know that over the last few months when we haven't been able to go much because of Kenadee that it has effected all of us! It is amazing what going to church every week together as a family does for you! I wish I had that much dedication... I don't know if I would make it to that meeting... I probably would have slept in!
Oh Ker-dog, I would cry too. I actually almost did cry just reading about it. I would give you a hug if I was there (and you know how I feel about hugs). You are a quality kid! I totally depend on Nate on Sundays, so I can't even imagine trying on my own. You're awesome.
I am going to use that crying in front of my kids trick once. I think I've been too careful to save all of my emotional breakdowns for when they are out of sight. If it will earn me a day of cooperative kids, it might just be worth it. :)
Adam kept looking at me and he would flash me the "I love you" sign. Then later that afternoon he said "I'm sorry you were tired at church mom" How sweet is he?
Boy, do I know the crying at church thing! I can't even count how many times I just fall apart! Adam is a sweety--Dallen wants to send him a letter. Want to forward me your address so I can help him get that done. Dallen still classifies Adam as one of his best friends. Too cute! Miss you--I want to come visit!!!
Post a Comment