
Here's a shot I took of the kids when I woke up. We didn't bring sleeping bags with us to Hawaii so I just packed up a few big blankets and we shared them. The kids had started out all in a nice row next to me but look how they ended up!

I took this picture at 6am this was my first view of the beach we were camping on. (The sun rises on the other side of the island)

Adam, Dawson and Olivia with Helaman Casuga. Olivia and Dawson always mispronounce his name and call him Helium. He's such a cutie!
The kids had a blast in the water. We swam lots and even shared the water with a HUGE Sea Turtle. He was probably 6 feet from us in the water at one time. I wasn't ever able to get a good picture.
A wild game of "apples to apples" during a break in the shade.
When Matt came down he brought our landlord's sea kayak. The kids loved it! Olivia went out with Josh and Kaiya and even jumped out while they were out to sea. Dawson and Isaac were the first ones to go out and as soon as they got in the water a Huge wave came and knocked the kayak over, the paddle hit Dawson in the eye and gave him a good gouge and black eye. He wouldn't let me take a picture but he looks like he is wearing purple eyeshadow.After we packed up camp we drove over to a fresh water swimming hole. The water comes from under the ground and is super cold! The kids and Matt had fun jumping in.

I kept trying to get a shot of them in the air but it was either before they jumped or after they were in the water! The water was very refreshing on a hot Hawaii day!
5 comments:
I wish I had one of those freshwater holes around here! looks like a great time!
How fun! Camping on the beach would be the best! I have yet to do it, but hopefully it'll happen someday.
That sounds like so much fun (despite the lack of sleep). Seeing that first picture reminds of why I NEVER let my kids sleep with me. :) I told Ben the part about you seeing the sea turtle. He is so jealous! I'm going to have to stop looking at your blog when he is in the room or he's going to ask to come and live with you. What an amazing adventure you are having!
Love the black sand and water holes! you live in paradise!
It's been fun looking at your adventures of late in Hawaii. Looks rather unreal though with all your beautiful beach pictures, campouts on the beach, ah so fun! Love the picture of the kids in the morning. :)
Post a Comment