Man oh Man big decisions are so hard. When I really sit and think about what we're about to do it scares me a lot...it's really pretty scary! A couple weeks ago we had decided not to take the plunge and move to Hawaii. But then we were able to go to the temple together (hardly ever happens...we usually take turns going) and both came away feeling like it would be a great opportunity for our little family. When we have fasted about it, it also feels really good and calm but when logic sets in it is overwhelming. So for now we are trusting in the Lord and moving forward. Perhaps he is having us start down this road and it will lead to a road we have not yet considered (that has happened a couple of times for us). We will move forward with an open mind to other options. wow life is fun right? None of our other moves have been this hard of a decision. It is a BIG one! We are really taking into consideration how it will impact our four little cuties. We feel like each of our moves we have truly benefited from with new life experience. However, At some point we need to sit still long enough for roots to grow (maybe). We definitely felt guided to come to Cache Valley although we don't really know the reason(s) and maybe we never will. I can tell you some of things we have learned.
-Living on "less" is "more" we don't need a nice house with lots of "things"
-I don't want to have a "career" while the kids are home...it takes too much of my focus. I think it's good we figured that out while they are little rather than me starting a career with them as teenagers... I strongly believe they will need me home even more then than they do now.
-A good paying job should not be taken for granted!
-It's been great to live near my brother Ryan and his family. I was able to help them find a home which has really been a super move for them. We have had a lot of fun with them.
It will be interesting to see what we end up doing now. One thing I know for certain is that the Lord knows us and is aware of our little family. He has blessed us so much and I know he will continue to do so. He will guide us as we prayerfully make all of life's decisions...big or small...for that I am grateful!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you are so brave! i admire you both!
i moved to logan 12 years ago not knowing a single person... that was brave... but it was just me... no family to worry about!
you will be blessed... i just know it!
Good luck Ker-dog. I hate big decisions! I avoid them at all costs. :)
The good news is (and I'm not saying this as a joke), that if it doesn't work out, you can always move. You guys seem to have been blessed with a great capacity to adjust to change and go with the flow. The two areas where I am no good at all.
It will all work out.
Post a Comment