
Well we are officially heading to the beautiful state of Hawaii! We are super excited about our upcoming adventure and we'll be even more excited once we get all the preparations done to get us there. We are selling pretty much everything we own which will fund our trip over! It all feels very familiar as we did the same thing 9 years ago. We only had one little keiki in tow then and quite a bit less "stuff".
Matt leaves in less than 3 weeks and the kids and I in less than 4. We have found a great home to rent for the summer. It is completely furnished and it's in the area we think we want to be (Waikoloa Village on the Big Island). We have it through September which will give us plenty of time to find a permanent place and see how we like that particular area. We plan to get busy finding jobs when we get there to tie us over until Matt can get a more permanent good paying job. We will fly out of Portland (Matt out of Seattle so he can ship the van from there) so we can see Matt's folks before we go and hopefully meet our new "aunt to be" (Jesse, Mitch's Fiance).
We feel blessed with how things are falling into place. I had a last minute real estate deal fall into my lap so I am working on getting that closed and done. It will be nice to have a little extra to help us get going over there. Matt is busy with lots of projects around the house. I have been busy deciding what goes, what is garbage and what is yard sale...needless to say the house looks like a tornado hit it with all my "organized" chaos. It will feel great to have it all gone!!
3 comments:
Wowsers bowswers! When you guys make up your minds, you sure don't waste any time. 4 weeks!!!
Good luck with sorting and selling and packing. I don't envy you that task . . . I was just lamenting the fact that I have to clean out my girls' closet and do a sort and purge. :( You're a pro. You can do it.
Aloha, Kerdog! You guys are an inspiration. I've been to Maui, Kaui, and Oahu, bet never the big island...hmmm, I hope you like visitors :).
very excited for you! sad to see you go!
good luck and keep in touch!
Post a Comment